Poole Harbour Canoe Club is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation - Registration # 1152531
The “Really Simple” Step-by-step guide to joining PHCC
Our club uses an ‘on-line’ payment system to make joining easy and to allow the club to collect some basic details from those wanting to join. To join you will need to register on “Webcollect”
All prices are on the Webcollect page whether you want to join as a Junior, Senior or Family member.
1. So to join - first of all go to Webcollect - Register as a new user - Add a subscription membership to your shopping basket.
2. Fill in the personal details for yourself and any family members who are joining too.
Please enter date of birth and contact phone numbers as we need these details.
3. Go to the “Checkout” - you will then be sent a confirmation email telling you how to pay.
* If you chose to pay by ‘bank transfer’ you will be given the club’s bank account details so that you can arrange an online transfer.
* if you chose to pay by cheque - you will be given the address to which you can send the payment.
Existing members ( Renewals )
1. Please go to Webcollect Log in to your account Click on the ‘renew subscription’ option
2. Checkout and receive the confirmation email
3. Pay the subscription by one of the methods outlined above
Re Standing orders – We are not accepting standing order forms. If you have one already set up from previous years then please cancel
this arrangement with your bank and check that the money doesn’t actually go out of your bank account at the appointed time!
If you have any questions please email the membership secretary
using the details on the ‘Contact’ page.
Perhaps the first page of the ‘Joining’ section has already convinced you what a great group of kayakers and canoeists you would be joining … but maybe you would still like to see how easy you would find the first few sessions after joining the club. If you’re convinced then join using the step-by-step’ below - if not convinced yet then visit the “ What Could I Do ? “ page
The “ What Could I Do ? “ page might help you see how the club is structured and how you might join in with the various things going on.
The idea of introducing new members to the club through the new paddlers session has worked well in that everyone starts to get to know faces quite quickly - not only a few from the club but also other new members who might be at the same learning stage.
Coming along to the “Wednesday Clubnight” sessions and joining in with the novice group is probably the most usual way new paddlers choose to start to extend, or improve their skills - whilst new members who have some paddling experience and are above “One-Star” standard move to joining in with the medium paddles - (that are held on clubnights) almost straight away.
Other members have started their paddling with the club by joining in the “First Saturday” paddle [usually a route within the harbour and starting from Lake Pier]
( emails with details go out to members a few days before and a post also goes into the
* The club asks that a ‘One Star’ ability level has been achieved to join in with these. *
The “Second Sunday” paddle, the “Third Saturday” and the “Fourth Sunday” are other regulars - but other impromptu paddles are occurring all the time … as well as members asking if others are able to join in with their own planned paddles.
The club’s Facebook page is good for checking these opportunities out.
Now have a quick look at the “ What Could I Do ? “ Page
……and perhaps then the Step-by-Step Joining page .
|Open Days - LP|
|Club News Cuttings|
|Audio from H2O show - Solent Radio|
|'Sunday Politics' Show|
|Members Password Page|
|Boathouse Duty Rota|
|Coach+Leaders Duty Rota|
|Room Booking Enquiry|
|Activities + Calendar|
|General - Jnr|
|Under 10 & Under 12|
|News & Results|
|Intro to PHCC|
|What Could I Do ?|
|Join ~ Step-by-Step|
|New Members Session|
|Riverside Development Rep|
|Boat House Development|
|PHCC - Challenges|
|Kayak Polo ~ Competitions|
|Monthly Photo Competition|
|Annual Photo Contest|
|Lottery & Ideas|